— what is pAY PER CLICK?
A form of internet or online advertising where you only pay for an Ad if someone clicks on it is called PPC (Pay Per Click) or CPC (Cost Per Click).
Other advertising models include:
Cost Per Impression, where you pay based on how many times your ad was shown (not clicked)
Cost Per Engagement, where you pay when a user completes a predefined engagement (like watching your video ad)
— what does ppc entail?
A peek into ppc
PPC is ideal for campaigns with small monthly ad spend budget and it Includes setting up Google Ads, Google Search Network and basic conversion tracking.
PPC makes it possible for businesses to compete online by placing their Ads at the top of search results of Google. It is established that 90% of consumers search on Google before making a buying decision. The steps involved in achieving success with PPC may entail several or all of the following steps not necessarily in the same order:
1. Campaign kick-off call to understand business objectives
2. Create and link Google Ads account
3. Keyword research and ad group creation
4. Conversion tracking setup
5. Campaign and ad group set up
6. Google Analytics account creation, setup and linking with Google Ads
7. Google Search Console account creation, setup and linking with Google Ads
8. Google Extensions set up - Sitelinks, Callout, Call, Structured data and Location extensions
9. Call tracking setup and dashboard integration (if opted for)
10. Keyword bid management
11. Pausing underperforming keywords and adding negative keywords
12. Weekly PPC reports